Did You Know? 

August 04, 2020 1 min read

  • Americans spend more money on cosmetics than education every year. 
  • An engineer is responsible for creating the slippery part of water slides, which allows people to slide down without getting stuck.
  • There are over 4,375 apps released daily on the Google Play Store. 
  • The Ferris Wheel is considered to be one of the largest engineering wonders in history.
  • The term “computer bug” was coined when an actual bug was found by Grace Hopperinside of a computer in 1947. This bug is now on display at the Smithsonian. 
  • Only 3% of our planet’s water is drinkable. The other 97% is saltwater.
  • The amount of energy Americans use doubles nearly every 20 years. 
  • Exercise isn’t just beneficial for your body! Exercising has also been proven to improve learning and memory. 
  • Your brain has about 100 billion neurons present. 
  • The world’s fastest supercomputer uses 24 million watts of power, but our brains only use 20 watts and operate 100,000 times faster. 

Visit our pages: 

        


Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.


Also in Features from BIOTOC Connection

Galentine’s Day 2021: Treat Your Bridal Party AND Yourself with our Top Gift Picks
Galentine’s Day 2021: Treat Your Bridal Party AND Yourself with our Top Gift Picks

January 25, 2021 1 min read

Celebrate your bridal party this Galentine's Day with our ultimate skincare and jewelry gift guide!

It is never too early to start prepping for your big day. Unpause your wedding planning by gifting you (and your bridal party) a healthy, glowing complexion that shines (almost) as bright as you do.

Special gift guide for brides, featuring luxury jewelry and skincare
Special gift guide for brides, featuring luxury jewelry and skincare

January 25, 2021 2 min read

There's always an occasion that requires the perfect gift—find one with our bride-to-be approved gift guide!

Between the holidays and weddings (including your own), thoughts about all of the gifts you need to buy are likely running through your mind. This time of year is already stressful, making being a bride-to-be prepping for your big day that much harder. We are sharing one bride-to-be's advice on selecting and buying the perfect gifts with our ultimate gift guide. Discover Devon's top picks for powerful skincare—choices that can be used on the big day (or every day).

Beautiful brides by Dermafirm: healthy glowing skin
Beautiful brides by Dermafirm: healthy glowing skin

January 25, 2021 2 min read

Every bride wants to look and feel her best on her wedding day!

Leaders and experts in skincare and beauty are working to make the world a better place by empowering, evolving, and embracing, all brides and their loved ones to experience, value, and share the impact of nature's ingredients and true craftsmanship at an affordable price.