Did You Know?

July 06, 2020 1 min read

Did You Know? 

    1. The average woman uses about a dozen personal care products a day, containing 168 chemicals in total. 
    2. 99.9% of human DNA is the same - we are more alike than you think! The other 0.1% is what makes us unique.
    3. There is enough DNA in the average person's body to stretch from the sun to Pluto and back - 17 times.
    4. How your skin ages is 90% within your control - genetics don’t determine how your skin ages, instead, the sun, pollution and smoking have the greatest impacts on your aging. 
    5. An individual blood cell takes about 60 seconds to make a complete circuit of the body. 
    6. Industrial biotechnology has been around since humans began mass-producing beer 10,000 years ago.
    7. Female physicist and chemist Marie Curie was the first person to win two Nobel Prizes for Science. 
    8. Engineer Mary Anderson invented the windshield wiper in 1903, years before Henry Ford industrialized automobile production.
    9. The first "computer program" was designed by a famous poet's daughter, Ada Lovelace, in 1843. It predicted the development of computer software, artificial intelligence and computer music.
    10. The word “engineer” comes from a Latin word meaning 'cleverness'.

Visit our pages: 


        


Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.


Also in Features from BIOTOC Connection

Galentine’s Day 2021: Treat Your Bridal Party AND Yourself with our Top Gift Picks
Galentine’s Day 2021: Treat Your Bridal Party AND Yourself with our Top Gift Picks

January 25, 2021 1 min read

Celebrate your bridal party this Galentine's Day with our ultimate skincare and jewelry gift guide!

It is never too early to start prepping for your big day. Unpause your wedding planning by gifting you (and your bridal party) a healthy, glowing complexion that shines (almost) as bright as you do.

Special gift guide for brides, featuring luxury jewelry and skincare
Special gift guide for brides, featuring luxury jewelry and skincare

January 25, 2021 2 min read

There's always an occasion that requires the perfect gift—find one with our bride-to-be approved gift guide!

Between the holidays and weddings (including your own), thoughts about all of the gifts you need to buy are likely running through your mind. This time of year is already stressful, making being a bride-to-be prepping for your big day that much harder. We are sharing one bride-to-be's advice on selecting and buying the perfect gifts with our ultimate gift guide. Discover Devon's top picks for powerful skincare—choices that can be used on the big day (or every day).

Beautiful brides by Dermafirm: healthy glowing skin
Beautiful brides by Dermafirm: healthy glowing skin

January 25, 2021 2 min read

Every bride wants to look and feel her best on her wedding day!

Leaders and experts in skincare and beauty are working to make the world a better place by empowering, evolving, and embracing, all brides and their loved ones to experience, value, and share the impact of nature's ingredients and true craftsmanship at an affordable price.